I love this recipe because it's quick, easy and can get you through the rest of the week with some simple recipe remixes.
Technique tip: This is a batch recipe that you can use across three recipes. You are making a total of 12 uncooked patties, you'll need to cook 4 for this recipe, 4 cooked for the Burger Bowls and reserve 4 uncooked patties for the
Swap option: Not a lamb fan? Swap out to another ground protein, like beef or turkey.
- 1½ onions, finely chopped
- 1½ medium carrot, grated
- 1½ zucchini, grated
- 2½ pounds ground lamb
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large whole wheat pita, torn into pieces
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 red radishes, quartered
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves picked
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the burgers:
1. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and zucchini and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
2. Add lamb, eggs and cumin to the cooled vegetables, season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Set aside 11 ounces of the ground lamb mixture or the equivalent of 4 patties in a container and refrigerate until required (you can use this to make Crispy Lamb Flatbreads [**LINK Crispy Lamb Flatbreads LINK**]). Form the rest of the meat into 8 patties.
3. Wipe skillet clean and return to medium heat. Cook patties for 8 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. Set aside 4 patties in a container and when cool refrigerate until required (you can use these later in the week for Burger Bowls [**LINK Burger Bowls LINK**]).
For the salad:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange pita bread on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until crisp and set aside to cool.
3. Place cucumber, tomatoes, radish, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Top salad with crisp pita bread, divide salad between plates and serve with 2 patties per person.