This is a healthy dinner with all the delicious flavors of a burger done salad-style. The meaty lamb patties and hearty potatoes make this salad filling but not heavy.
Swap option: You can swap to ground lamb or chicken, or your favorite type of burger patty.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 10½ ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in wedges
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cooked lamb patties
- 1/2 head baby romaine lettuce, roughly torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ounces dill pickles, sliced lengthways
- 1/4 avocados, sliced
For the dressing:
Combine dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, adding water to thin if needed and set aside.
For the salad:
1. Preheat oven to 410°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until just beginning to soften. Drain well, returning to the hot saucepan for a few minutes to remove all moisture. Place on a baking sheet, spray with oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook to your liking.
4. Warm pre-cooked lamb patties in oven or microwave to your liking.
Divide lettuce, tomato, pickles and avocado between bowls, top with patty and egg, drizzle over dressing and serve with wedges.