Samantha Okazaki / TODAY
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 habanero chile, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Juice from 3 limes, freshly squeezed
- 6 ripe avocado, chopped roughly
- 1 Chihuahua apple finely chopped (can use Granny Smith apple)
- 1 pomegranate
- Mix the red onion, chile, apple and mint with the salt in a bowl. Leave it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and mix it well until salt dissolves
- Add the avocado and mix it with a spoon until it’s the consistency of a thick and chunky guacamole (never mash the guacamole).
- Top with pomegranate seeds.
- Taste test to make sure there is enough love and serve with crispy corn tortilla chips.