I love this recipe because baked Brie is something that quickly disappears when my friends and family are around. It's a decadent breakfast treat that's the perfect combination of sweet and savory with the fluffiest eggs.
Technique tip: Mix eggs and salt and let rest 15 minutes before cooking.
Swap option: Use a grill pan and a heavy bottom pan such as a cast iron to press the sandwich.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for spreading on bread
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 5 thin slices Brie cheese
1. To a small bowl, add eggs and salt. Whisk to combine, then allow to sit for 15 minutes. (Do not skip this step — it enables eggs to be soft and buttery!)
2. Prepare bread while eggs rest. Spread butter on outside of each slice of bread, flip the bread over so butter is touching the cutting board.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon of fig jam on each side of the bread, then top with slices of Brie.
4. Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter.
5. Add eggs to hot pan. Stir eggs in circular motion for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
6. Place eggs on top of Brie slices, then top with the other slice of bread, butter side exposed.
7. Place sandwich on hot panini press. Close lid and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Remove from press, slice diagonally and serve.