The sweet, caramelized marinade that glazes the thinly cut beef makes these quick-cooked ribs the perfect midweek meal with world-class flavor.
Technique tip: Don't over marinate the ribs. They will take on an unpleasant mushy texture.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 red Thai chilies, smashed with side of knife
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion bottoms (white parts only)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion tops (green parts only), reserved for garnish
- 1 pound thin-cut Korean short ribs
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, chilies and white part of the green onions. Pour over short ribs and marinate, refrigerated, for up to two hours.2.
Preheat a large cast iron grill to medium-high heat. Brushing marinade onto ribs, grill over medium high heat until nicely charred but not overcooked inside, about 2-3 minutes per side.3.
Transfer to a service platter and garnish with reserved chopped green onion tops. Serve hot.