"I love kimchi, I love cheese and I love pasta! What an unexpected and delightful way to add a kick to traditional macaroni and cheese!" says Hannah Hart, host of Food Network show I Hart Food.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) butter
- 5 ounces kimchi, store-bought or homeamde
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) heavy cream
- 7 ounces cavatappi noodles, cooked to al dente
- 5 ounces shredded sharp white cheddar, divided
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Green onions, cut into 1/4-inch segments, for garnish
1. Heat butter in sauté pan over medium head. Add the kimchi and cook, making sure you toss it occasionally so both sides of the kimchi get a slight sear on it, for about 5 minutes.
2. Add cream, pasta, 4 ounces of the cheese, a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper in the pan with the kimchi. Toss occasionally to ensure that all ingredients mix, and all cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the mac and cheese into a serving bowl and top with the remaining cheese, garnish with the green onion and serve.