Little Big Town singer Kimberly Schlapman shares her recipe for "Schlap Happy" bars with chocolate, toffee and butterscotch.
- 2 sticks (1/2) pound butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 12 ounces miniature toffee bars, broken into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
2. Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring to combine after each one. Add the flour a little at a time and stir to combine after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, and toffee chunks. Evenly spread the dough in the baking pan.
3. Bake until golden brown around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 12 bars and enjoy.