I could eat pizza every day of my life! The cheesy crust in this keto version offers that great Italian flavor with a powerful protein boost. I always top this pizza with extra vegetables. Everyone will love munching on this yummy dish ... and they'll be getting plenty of veggies too.
Technique tip: Use a large, cast-iron pan to flatten the pizza crust in one swoop!
Swap option: Be creative with your choice of pizza sauce. Instead of traditional marinara, consider creamy Alfredo or pesto sauce, which actually contain fewer carbs.
- One 10-ounce can of chicken, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (whole milk), shredded
- Low-carb marinara sauce
- Extra shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Black olives, sliced
- Green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup ground turkey meat
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a 10-inch or larger, round pizza pan with parchment paper. Thinly spread the chicken onto paper. Place in the oven and heat 10 minutes to dry chicken.
3. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown ground turkey. Set aside.
4. Remove chicken from oven and scrape into a medium mixing bowl. Increase temperature of oven to 500°F.
5. Add egg, Parmesan cheese and1/4 cup mozzarella cheese to the chicken. Mix well to form a ball of dough.
6. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and place dough in middle. Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin or your hands to create a thin, round crust. Remove the top piece of parchment paper when crust is even and the desired shape is achieved.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes until crust browns (be patient during this step to ensure a crispy crust later!).
8. Remove cooked crust from the oven and add marinara sauce and toppings as desired.
9. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until toppings soften and melted cheese begins to brown.
10. Cut pizza into 6 slices and serve warm.