- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3/4 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
I love a great meatloaf and the possibilities for unique combinations are endless. In this recipes, the layer of melted cheese in the middle is my favorite part. This is a nice alternative for a Taco Tuesday, as well!
Swap option: Try this recipe with ground chicken. You can also forgo all of the spices, plus half the salt, and just use a taco seasoning packet to save time.
Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.2.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and let cook an additional minute or two. Remove from heat and let cool completely.3.
In a large bowl, combine onion and garlic with 1/2 cup salsa, eggs, green chiles, cilantro, Worcestershire, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add ground turkey, tortilla chips, beans and corn. Use your hands to combine, mixing just until all the ingredients come together, taking care not to over mix (over-mixing will make your meatloaf tough).4.
Transfer half the meatloaf mixture to the prepared baking sheet. Pat into a loaf shape. Use your fingers to make a slight indentation going down the middle. Top with cheese. Top with remaining half of meatloaf mixture and shape into a loaf. Top with remaining salsa.5.
Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.