These are different and surprisingly delicious. It's the type of thing that sounds a little odd but they're amazing. Plus, they're made with yogurt so they're low on the guilt factor.
Technique tip: Cooking the corn in the milk infuses the milk with flavor. You know when you have a sweet corn cereal and you eat all the cereal out of the bowl and then drink the milk? That cereal-soaked milk is what these pops taste like.
Swap option: Mix in some of your favorite sweet cereal or fresh blackberries. Substitute coconut milk and coconut yogurt to make vegan.
- 4 ears sweet corn, kernels cut off the cobs, cobs reserved
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the milk, corn kernels, and corncobs over medium heat until the milk is bubbly, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes. Discard the cobs. Use a slotted spoon to remove about 1 cup of the kernels and set them aside.
2. In a blender, combine the corn and milk mixture, the yogurt, agave syrup, salt and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add the reserved corn and pulse once on low speed.
3. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze until firm, about 4-6 hours.