I love these pancakes because they are so quick to prepare, easy to make and also good for you! The sweet banana and hearty oats make these the perfect way to start your day.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup yogurt or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or nonstick spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- Maple syrup, honey or peanut butter, for topping (optional)
1. Pulse oats in a blender until they achieve a grain-like consistency. Add yogurt, eggs, banana, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend until mixture forms a batter.
2. Preheat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with a little butter or nonstick spray.
3. Pour pancakes by about 1/4 cup each onto the greased skillet. Cook about 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with walnuts, if using, and flip. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.