For a simple summer pasta dinner, actress Katherine Heigl tosses warm spaghetti with creamy brie cheese and juicy fresh chopped tomatoes. Chopped garlic and fresh basil pep up the decadent dish.
- 4 ripe tomatoes cut into ½-inch cubes (can also use 1 28-ounce can of peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped)
- 1 pound brie cheese (rind removed), cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and finely minced
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine, spaghetti, or any pasta you prefer
- Put the brie in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This makes it easier to remove the rind and cut up. Combine tomatoes, brie, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let sit at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours at room temperature.
- Cook pasta to just al dente. Strain and toss into brie tomato bowl. Fold everything together until well combined and the brie has begun to melt. Serve immediately.