Paired with fish, chicken, beef, tofu, or even another vegetable, this simple but flavorful dish is always the perfect side.
- 1 bunch fresh Lacinato or Tuscan kale, washed, trimmed, stemmed, leaves torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 small red Fresno chile, sliced crosswise with seeds
- Sea salt, to taste
1. In a large non-reactive heavy sauté pan or pot heat oil on medium fire.
2. Add garlic and chili and cook gently just until garlic just starts to brown.
3. Add the kale, season with salt, cook until wilted (approximately 3 minutes). Serve.