This recipe is great because it satisfies the craving for creamy salad dressing without all the added calories. Greek yogurt adds a rich, cool quality to the vinaigrette while cutting down on the fat.
Yogurt and Dill Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt or kefir
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch kale, preferably Tuscan
- 1 ounce pecans, toasted in brown butter, tossed in sugar, cayenne, ground coriander and sea salt
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small serrano chile, sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces yogurt and dill vinaigrette
- Fresh cilantro, basil, dill and mint
To make the yogurt and dill vinaigrette:
Combine all ingredients except oil, whisk together. Drizzle in oil and continue whisking until emulsified.
To make the salad:
With a sharp knife, cut the kale into paper-thin strips. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and toss with vinaigrette. Plate the finished salad in a small bowl. Garnish with fresh herbs and fresh cracked pepper.
For more healthy recipes from Seamus go to SimpleFeast.com