This flavorful salad can easily be prepared in advance and served at room temperature, leaving the stove available for other dishes.
- 2 cups kale leaves, (packed) shredded stemmed
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup apple, diced
- ¼ cup Sumac Onions (below)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Combine all the ingredients for the sumac onions in a bowl and toss to combine.
Combine the kale, walnuts, apple, sumac onions, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl. Toss to combine and serve.