- 2 cups kale leaves, (packed) shredded stemmed
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup apple, diced
- ¼ cup Sumac Onions (below)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
This flavorful salad can easily be prepared in advance and served at room temperature, leaving the stove available for other dishes.
Combine all the ingredients for the sumac onions in a bowl and toss to combine.
Combine the kale, walnuts, apple, sumac onions, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl. Toss to combine and serve.