- 3 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Few drops of red food coloring
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cocoa power
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 (heaping) cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add red food coloring and stir until desired color is reached.
2. Stir in flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir.
3. Divide dough into 3 or 4 rounded balls, and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.