Scorching temperatures call for refreshing (hold-the-pepperoni) pizza. This no-bake recipe is juicy and delicious and screams summer fun. Plus, it's packed with antioxidants that can help enhance skin's appearance and boost brain power. Top it with yogurt, dark chocolate chips, your favorite fiber-filled berries (I went with raspberries and blueberries, but anything goes), and grab a slice … or two.
Technique tip: If starting with raw pecans and coconut, you can easily toast them on a baking sheet in an oven set at 350°F. The pecans need about 10 minutes and the coconut needs only 5 minutes. Set aside to cool for assembly.
- One (1-inch thick) round watermelon slice (directions below)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons toasted shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 heaping tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint or basil leaves, optional
Carefully lay a watermelon on its side and cut off about an inch from each of the ends so the flesh of the watermelon is exposed. Then carefully cut 1-inch thick round slices along the length of the melon. Quarter each of the large rounds and assemble as circular "pizza pies" on plates.
Spread yogurt on top of the watermelon and sprinkle on fruit, nuts, chocolate chips and basil or mint. Serve immediately.