- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced jicama (from 1/4 medium jicama)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh shallot or red onion
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (skin on) or halved purple grapes
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise (or more for a creamier texture)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- whole-grain bread or a baguette, toasted, to serve
This recipe is a healthier and sophisticated spin on traditional chicken salad. It's super light, delicious and comes together quickly. I incorporate unique (and nutrient-rich) ingredients to add extra flavor, crunch, sweetness and pizazz.
Place the shredded chicken in a bowl and combine with the jicama, shallot, tarragon, chives, grapes or apple, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
Serve chilled or at room temperature between two slices of toasted whole-grain bread or on a baguette.