- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced avocado (from 1 large avocado)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1-2 tablespoons minced jalapeño (if you're heat sensitive, remove seeds and ribs)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1½ limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
Attention pineapple lovers: You're going to flip for this bright, refreshing and sweet spin on traditional salsa. My family enjoys it with whole-grain crackers, baked pita chips or sturdy, scoopable veggies like sliced cucumbers and bell peppers. And while it's great as a side salsa, we also like to use it as a topper on grilled chicken or mild white fish for some colorful pizazz. Pro tip: Prepare it right before serving so the avocado maintains its gorgeous green hue and the pineapple pieces stay perky and plump. And if you'd like to mix things up, try swapping in diced mango for the pineapple; it creates an entirely different flavor profile and provides a beautiful color contrast.
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and gently stir to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with whole-grain crackers, chips, or scoopable veggies like thick cucumber and bell pepper slices.