If you've never heard of a Pimm's Cup before, you are in for a sensational summer sip. It's a deliciously refreshing citrus-ginger cocktail made with a gin-based liqueur. Traditionally, it contains sugary soda or lemonade, but my rendition cuts way back on sugar by utilizing seltzer, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a dash of anti-inflammatory ginger root.
- 1 ½ to 2 ounces Pimm's #1 Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon-flavored sparkling water or seltzer
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger root (optional)
- Sliced cucumbers, lemon, strawberries and mint leaves, to garnish
In a highball (tall) glass, add Pimm's #1 Liqueur, lemon juice and honey. Give it a thorough stir to combine the honey.
Next, add in the optional ginger root, if using, then stir again.
Add a generous handful of ice cubes and top it off with the lemon-flavored sparkling water or seltzer water.
Garnish with cucumber, lemon, strawberries and mint before serving.