Looking for a sweet treat that won't slow you down? These blondies may help settle stress and ease anxiety thanks to the vitamin C-packed orange, soothing chamomile and chickpeas. And it doesn't hurt that they are absolutely delicious.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- One 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile (about 5 chamomile tea bags)
- 1½ to 2 tablespoons orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and pecans in a food processor or blender and process until the batter is smooth and creamy.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans (the batter should be thick).
4. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the edges are a tiny bit brown. Let the blondies cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy warm.