These crispy, crunchy chips are great way to eat a powerhouse veggie. A word of warning — they’re incredibly addictive — but in this case, that’s a good thing. A serving of these will set you back just 35 calories and they’re rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C — two key nutrients that may keep your skin looking healthy, fresh and youthful! Feel free to munch on these beautifying bites daily.
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Nonstick oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat two large baking sheets with nonstick oil spray.
2. Trim the stem ends off the kale, and cut or tear the leaves into 2-inch pieces.
3. Divide the kale pieces between the two baking sheets and spread them into a single, even layer.
4. Liberally mist the kale with nonstick oil spray and lightly sprinkle them with salt. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the kale is crispy to the touch and the edges are beginning to brown.
35 calories per serving. Makes 4 servings.Nutrition analysis courtesy of Genesis® R&D.