This recipe includes four foods that may help fight belly fat: broccoli, artichoke, onion, and Greek yogurt. Serve it with roasted salmon for a filling meal that's full of protein.
Technique tip: You can finely chop veggies by hand or by pulse them using a food processor.
- 4 heaping cups chopped broccoli florets
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot or ½ yellow or red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced of chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Pinch of salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix the broccoli with garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
3. Spread out the broccoli on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Mist the tops with oil spray and roast in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, until the broccoli is soft and slightly browned.
4. While the broccoli roasts, combine the artichokes, scallions and shallot (or onion) in a larger bowl.
5. Add the broccoli into the artichoke mixture. Add the tarragon, cumin and paprika. Mix until everything is well combined.
6. Add in the yogurt and Parmesan cheese and mix everything to thoroughly combine.
7. Season with more ground black pepper to taste and garnish with optional fresh parsley.