- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use skinless rotisserie breast)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise (or more for a creamier texture)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (skin on) or halved grapes
- minced or finely chopped onion (optional)
- finely chopped celery and bell peppers (optional)
- whole-grain bun, pita pocket or crackers, to serve
A Bauer-home fall-favorite, this classic chicken salad is ready in a pinch and always a guaranteed winner. Simply shred cooked chicken breast or thigh (using leftovers is highly encouraged!) and mix with light mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper. For extra nutrition and flavor, go ahead and toss in naturally sweet sliced grapes or chopped apples, crunchy celery or immune-boosting red onion. Serve on toasted whole-grain bread or over a salad with the works. Lunch is served!
Add everything to a large mixing bowl and toss until well-combined. Add extra mayo for preferred creaminess and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve on a whole-grain bun, sandwiched between two slices of whole-grain bread, stuffed in a pita pocket or with crackers.