Holy broccomole! This is one delicious dip that's packed with vitamins and minerals. If your little ones like guacamole, then they will flip for this Joyful rendition made with one sneaky green ingredient: broccoli. Make a batch with your kiddos ... then grab your favorite dippers and dive in.
- 1 to 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. Steam, microwave or boil the broccoli in a small amount of water until it's very soft. Drain off all the water.
2. Place the broccoli and avocados in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, onion, lime juice and salt. Add the cilantro and garlic to the bowl if you wish. Mix until well combined. Season with a bit of additional salt and a sprinkle of black pepper to taste.
4. Serve with raw broccoli florets, baby carrots, bell pepper sticks or whole-grain crackers, and start dipping!