These 7 Up biscuits are light, fluffy, buttery, oh-so-tender and made with just four ingredients! Toss together this dough in no time and watch the magic of 7 Up work. You will never guess these weren't made in your grandmother's kitchen.
Technique tip: If properly stored in an airtight container, freshly baked biscuits will keep for 1-2 days at room temperature. You can also keep them in the fridge for up to a week! Dangerous, I know.
Swap option: Feel free to swap out the soda to any lemon-lime soda like Sprite; it's totally fine.
- 1/3 cup melted butter, divided
- 2¼ to 2½ cups Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda like 7 Up
- flour, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Pour 1/4 cup of melted butter into the bottom of a cast-iron skillet.
3. Next mix together Bisquick, sour cream and soda in a medium-sized bowl until a dough is formed. Start with 2 cups and then add a 1/4 cup of Bisquick, stirring until you get the consistency you desire and it is easier to work with.
4. Add flour to a work surface and turn dough out. Add flour to your hands and the top of the dough. Roll out or press out with your hands to about 1-inch thickness. Cut dough in circles using the rim of a coffee mug or cookie cutter and add to pan. Make sure you flour the rim, or it will stick.
5. Bake biscuits for 8-10 minutes. If you want to add more golden-brown color, you can broil for just a few seconds. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes.
6. While biscuits cool, brush remaining butter on top of biscuits and serve.