My husband's favorite way to eat biscuits is with jam and gravy, but mine is in strawberry shortcake. This classic doesn't need much of an introduction, but if you've never had sweetened ripe strawberries spooned over soft, buttery biscuits with homemade whipped cream, you're in for a real treat.
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 biscuits, store-bought or homemade
- Whipped cream, store-bought or homemade
- 6 small mint sprigs, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar. Set aside at room temperature for up to 1 hour.
2. Split the biscuits in half. Arrange the bottom halves on each of 6 plates.
3. Layer whipped cream and strawberries on each biscuit. Place the remaining biscuit halves on top. Garnish with mint and serve.
From Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines. Copyright © 2018 by Joanna Gaines. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.