- 1½ cups yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders or breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Liquid Gold Honey Mustard Sauce (recipe above)
- 1 cup super pulverized honey-nut cereal
- 1/2 cup lightly crushed honey-nut cereal
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Non-stick cooking spray for baking or neutral oil for frying
- 1/4 cup mayo
The secret to the incredible texture of these chicken fingers is the is two-stage cereal pulverization process! The finer bits add a delicate crispness, while the coarser crumbs add major crunch.
Swap options: You can use any kind of crunchy cereal you prefer.
For the Creamy Liquid Gold Honey Mustard Sauce:
Add all ingredients into a small pot and bring to a simmer while constantly whisking. Lightly simmer for 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
For the chicken fingers:1.
Place chicken in a zip-top bag with about 1/2 cup of Creamy Liquid Gold Honey Mustard Sauce. Marinate for at least 1-2 hours.2.
Preheat oven to 450 F or preheat fryer to 350 F.3.
Mix together pulverized cereal and lightly crushed cereal.4.
Take chicken out of the mustard sauce, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.5.
Dip into the flour, then dip into the egg, then coat each tender entirely in cereal mixture.6.
If baking, place on wire-racked sheet pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the chicken's internal temperature registers 165 F. If frying, place chicken gently into oil and fry in 2-3 batches for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and internal temp reaches 165 F.7.
Mix remaining Creamy Liquid Gold Honey Mustard Sauce with mayo. Season to taste and serve alongside the chicken fingers.