- 1 8-inch to 10-inch round loaf of rustic brick-oven bread
- 1/2 pound salami
- 1/2 pound prosciutto
- 1/4 pound hot sopressata
- 1 pound mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound 16-ounce jar roasted peppers, liquid drained
- 2 bunch es arugula, cleaned, stems removed
- 1 cup shaved pecorino peppato
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Slice bread in half, remove dough from top half of bread, leaving bottom half intact.
3. Generously brush vinaigrette onto both sides of bread.
4. In a separate bowl, dress arugula with a 1/4-cup vinaigrette.
5. On bottom half of bread, lay out salami, overlapping, to cover bottom half.
Repeat procedure with prosciutto, mozzarella, sopressata, and peppers.
6. Place dressed arugula to cover entire surface.
7. Sprinkle shaved pecorino on top of arugula.
8. Close sandwich with remaining top half of bread.
9. Toast sandwich on grill for 2 minutes on each side.