The Mediterranean flavors of the tart lemon, fruity olive oil and cool mint all complement the fresh fish and summery vegetables in this easy recipe.
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1½ teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1½ pounds sugar snap peas, stemmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Four 4-ounce trout fillets, skinned (or other fish, about 1/2-inch thick)
- 8 thin slices lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Lay out 4 sheets of aluminum foil. Place 1/4 of the sugar snap peas, 1/4 of the yellow bell peppers and 1/4 of the orange bell peppers on each sheet of foil. Over each pile of vegetables, drizzle 2 tablespoons of white wine, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently toss.
Top each pile of seasoned vegetables with a piece of fish. Sprinkle the fish with some of the reserved lemon zest mixture. Top each fish with 2 slices of lemon.
Fold up the foil into an airtight packet. Place the foil packets in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Sprinkle the fish with mint just before serving.