Who doesn't love meatballs? These Italian pork sausage and olive meatballs are perfect for parties. You can serve them straight up or with add-ons such as burrata, tomato sauce, pesto or sun-dried tomato tapenade.
Swap option: I like Castelvetrano olives but any kind will work, so use your favorite.
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped olives, such as Castelvetrano
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, divide the mixture into eight balls. In a large oven-safe sauté pan on high heat, add the olive oil and sauté the meatballs until golden brown on all sides, continuing to rotate them for 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Transfer pan to the oven and continue cooking until meatballs are cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.