You don't have to miss out on delicious, melt-in-your-mouth brisket just because you don't have a smoker. Making the tasty meat in an Instant Pot cuts down on the cooking time and seals in all the delicious flavors.
- One 2-pound beef brisket
- 1 cup barbecue rub
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, divided
1. Apply dry rub on both sides of brisket and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or over night.
2. Place the rubbed brisket in an Instant Pot. Add the liquid smoke and 1 cup of the barbecue sauce.
3. Pressure cook on high for 75 minutes, and natural release for 15 minutes; then remove lid carefully.
4. Remove the brisket to a chopping board.
5. Add the remaining barbecue sauce to the Instant Pot. Bring to a simmer by hitting the cancel button, then the sauce button. Let cook for 8-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Generously apply the simmered barbecue sauce to the brisket. Cut against the grain and serve.