This is a quick and easy meatless twist on a classic recipe. Instead of ground beef, this version is made with riced cauliflower in a savory red sauce. It's a great meal for any time of the year and is always a hit with the whole family.
Swap option: Switch out the bell pepper for sliced jalapeños or 2 tablespoons giardiniera (Italian relish), depending on your spice and flavor preference.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups Cauliflower Bolognese Sauce (recipe linked above)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 pack buns of choice, toasted
1. Place olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
2. Add Cauliflower Bolognese Sauce and barbecue sauce to skillet. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and serve over toasted buns.