These festive gimlets add the tart tang of pomegranate juice to the classic cocktail. The brilliant red color makes them perfect for the holidays.
Technique tip: To make your own simple syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small pot and heat just until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Refrigerate until cold.
- 1½ cups gin, such as Tanqueray
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, such as Pom Wonderful
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 6 lime slices, for garnish
1. At least one hour before serving, place martini glasses in the freezer.
2. Combine the gin, pomegranate juice, lime juice, and simple syrup in a large pitcher.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and add the drink mixture until the shaker is three quarters full. Shake for a full 15 seconds.
4. Pour the mixture into the frozen martini glasses and garnish with a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds and a slice of lime.