- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana, peeled
- 1 1/4-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped or 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons plain or vanilla yogurt, preferably Greek
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 dried date, pitted or 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Optional super boosts: chia seeds, flax seeds, maca powder, vanilla or plain protein powder, mct oil, reishi, ashwagandha, probiotic powder, goji berries, açaí powder, camu camu powder, pink Himalayan salt, Brazil nuts and/or golden berries.
As soon as there's the slightest chill in the air, I start preparing for that time of year when everyone seems to fall prey to cold and flu season. Instead of stocking up on bottles of vitamins and kids' multi-gummies, I start reinforcing our immune systems with tons of resistance-building foods. This smoothie is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and superfoods that kick your immune system into overdrive, improve your gut health and even help you feel better if you've already succumbed to the worst the season has to offer.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.