- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 medium dill pickle, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickle brine
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, preferably Tabasco
- Kosher salt
- 2 large heads Iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut in half or thirds
- 1 small bunch chives, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
I really love ketchup and mayonnaise. Not only that, they are two condiments that I generally never make from scratch. Hellmann's mayonnaise and Heinz ketchup are classics and I haven't made a batch from scratch that has tasted as good to me. I like to amplify the flavors with really good pickles and fresh horseradish.
For the dressing:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, ketchup, chopped pickle and pickle juice, horseradish, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Place each wedge of lettuce onto a plate. Drizzle with dressing and top with chives. Serve immediately.