Once you see how easy it is to make these oven-baked chicken nuggets, you'll be whipping them up at least once a week for the whole family.
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 10 nuggets
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. In a wide bowl, mix breadcrumbs with seasonings.
3. In another wide bowl, thoroughly mix mustard with honey.
4. Add chicken to mustard mixture, and toss to coat.
5. One at a time, shake chicken nuggets to remove excess mustard mixture, and coat with seasoned crumbs.
6. Evenly place nuggets on the baking sheet, and top with any remaining seasoned crumbs. Bake for 8 minutes.
7. Flip chicken. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
HG Tip: Mix up some extra honey mustard (1 part honey to 2 parts mustard) to use as dipping sauce!
Reprinted with permission from Hungry Girl Clean and Hungry OBSESSED!