This spooky drink dispenser is seasonal, flavorful and functional. It makes the perfect centerpiece for a Halloween party or any autumn get together.
You can use it to serve up your favorite pumpkin-flavored beer, cocktail or a non-alcoholic brew!
For the Pumpkin Keg
- 1 very large pumpkin, at least 12" diameter
- Plastic keg tap
- Pumpkin kit with carving tools
- Apple corer
Witches' Brew Cocktail
- 1 part pumpkin spice vodka
- 1 part apple cider
- 1/2 part club soda
- Splash of lemon sour mix
For the Pumpkin Keg:
1. Use a pen to draw a circle around the top of the pumpkin. This will make it easier to trace your lid.
2. Using a serrated knife (or a knife from a pumpkin carving kit), cut off the top and remove all seeds and innards and set aside. You can save the seeds to bake them up later.
3. Use a metal spoon to scoop out the remaining innards from the pumpkin.
4. Rinse out the pumpkin thoroughly.
5. Determine the best front face for your pumpkin (ideally an area with the fewest scratches) and determine where to place your tap. This should be at least a couple inches from the bottom of the gourd.
6. Using an apple corer, create a hole in the pumpkin for your tap and remove the small piece of pumpkin shell.
7. Place your tap into the pumpkin and screw on the back inside to secure it in place.
For the Witches' Brew:
In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredients and stir gently.
Fill the pumpkin with the mixture, or your beverage of choice, replace the lid and enjoy!