These chocolaty spheres hide a surprise inside. When you pour hot milk over them, the chocolate melts and magically releases marshmallows and hot chocolate mix, creating an incredible cup of hot cocoa.
Special equipment: Thermometer and 2½-inch silicone sphere molds.
- 24 ounces semi-sweet high-quality chocolate
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- sprinkles, for decorating (optional)
- steamed milk
1. Finely chop your chocolate using a sharp knife.
2. Place the chocolate into a bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate, moving the chocolate that is on the outside towards the center. Heat again for 15 seconds and stir again. Repeat this process until the chocolate is almost melted but not fully melted, never heating for longer than 15 seconds and never going above 90 F.
3. Make sure your molds are clean by polishing them with a paper towel.
4. Paint a thin layer of chocolate into the molds and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
5. Paint a second coat of chocolate over the first, paying special attention to building up the rim of the sphere. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
6. Take your chocolate out of the molds and fill with 1 tablespoon of hot cocoa mix and marshmallows.
7. Pipe some melted chocolate around the rim and attach the second sphere on top, pressing gently to seal.
8. Use a gloved hand to wipe away the excess chocolate or simply roll the chocolate sphere in some sprinkles to finish the look.
9. Once complete, heat up milk to 120 F and pour over your chocolate bomb.