This decadent appetizer can be whipped up in minutes in the food processor. The creamy texture and rich flavors make this a real crowd pleaser!
Technique tip: The next time you're roasting a chicken or baking something savory in the oven, roast some garlic at the same time! Take a dozen (or more) whole heads of garlic. Cut off the tops to expose the garlic cloves. Nestle heads tightly into a roasting pan. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cover with olive oil. Cover pan with tin foil. Roast in a 350°F to 400°F oven for an hour or so until browned and softened. Now you have wonderful roasted garlic — plus garlic oil! Cool before storing in a jar in the fridge.
- 2 heads roasted garlic
- Four 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened and cubed, divided
- 3/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups cooked lobster, cut into large chunks
- One 14-ounce can whole artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup) sour cream
- 8 ounces (about 3 to 4 cups) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into the work bowl of a food processor. Add half of the softened cream cheese and cayenne and process, pulsing, until smooth. Add remaining cream cheese and half of the lemon juice. Process until mixture is smooth. Scrape into a bowl.
2. Add lobster chunks to the processor bowl and pulse briefly until coarsely chopped. Add lobster to cream cheese dip mixture and mix well.
3. Add drained artichoke hearts to processor bowl and pulse briefly until coarsely chopped. Add artichoke hearts to cream cheese mixture. Add remaining lemon juice to processor bowl, pulse, and scrape bowl contents into dip mixture.
4. Add the sour cream to the dip mixture and mix well. Taste and add more cayenne and/or lemon juice if necessary.
5. To serve, heat the dip in a frying pan on the stove until hot and bubbling. Spoon into an ovenproof serving dish and top with grated Parmesan. Place under the broiler until Parmesan is browned and bubbling hot. Serve with toasted pita or vegetable crudités.