*As an alternative to vanilla extract, try 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried vanilla beans. (The black specks in your favorite vanilla ice cream are vanilla beans.) Check out your local gourmet food shop to find these powdered beans.
- Place the kernels in a brown paper bag. Fold and seal the bag with tape, leaving generous space inside. Microwave on high 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the kernels are mostly popped but not burnt. Remove the popcorn to a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat the paper with canola oil.
- Microwave the honey in a small microwave-proof bowl on high for about 20 seconds. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla extract. Toss with the peanuts in a medium bowl until well coated.
- Spread the peanuts on the prepared sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove, stir to break up any clumps, and bake 5 minutes more, until deep golden. Cool, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peanuts to the popcorn and gently toss. Mix until evenly distributed without breaking up the popcorn.
Source: "Kewl Bites"