Use ghee, a clarified, lactose-free butter with fewer calories than coconut oil, to make this toasted granola made with naturally sweet dates, cinnamon, vanilla and crunchy nuts and seeds.
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 whole dried dates, chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon unflavored ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, dates, cinnamon, ground flax and sea salt.
3. Melt honey and ghee together in a microwave, and pour liquid over dry mixture, along with vanilla extract.
4. Transfer granola to a baking sheet, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, making sure to stir halfway. Allow granola to cool and toss in additional coconut flakes before serving.