These sweet and smoky baked wings are a huge hit in my house. My kids don't even let me get to the table with them!
Technique tip: Really rub the seasoning into the chicken. If you have the time, marinate them overnight.
Swap option: I keep it this recipe simple, but you can add more spices and extra seasoning depending on how your kids taste buds are.
- 3 pounds organic, antibiotic-free chicken wings (wings and drumettes separated, wing tips discarded)
- 1½ large lemons, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons flake salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Honey, for drizzling
1. In a large bowl, pour all but 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice over the chicken.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, salt, paprika, olive oil and the reserved 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to form the rub. Massage the rub onto the chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours minimum or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 375° F and position the rack in the center of the oven.
4. Place the marinated wings skin side down on a foil lined large baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. Remove baking sheet from oven and turn the pieces over and bake for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove wings from oven and raise oven rack to top third of the oven. Increase the oven temperature to broil.
7. While wings are out of the oven, drizzle honey over wings. Return chicken wings to oven and broil 2-3 minutes. (Warning: Watch them closely, they can burn easily depending on your oven strength.)
8. Again, remove the wings from the oven and drizzle a little more honey. Return to oven for another 2-3 minutes until nicely browned.