I put these peppers on everything! They are spicy, tangy, salty and savory all at once. They also add a pop of flavor to grilled meats, salads and even delicious deviled eggs.
- 1 pound fresh hot cherry peppers
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Toss the peppers in 2 tablespoons of the oil and grill just until charred but still kind of raw, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the grill and let come to room temperature. Remove the stems and quarter the peppers.
3. Bring the water, vinegar, salt, garlic red pepper flakes and black pepper to a boil and pour over the peppers. Let sit in the refrigerator for 3 days, then remove the peppers from the brine and toss with the remaining cup of extra virgin olive oil. These will keep for a couple of weeks refrigerated.
4. Enjoy in a variety of ways!