When you're on the go you can always use a quick breakfast and a good snack. You can stash this healthy snacking granola in your bag, toss it on top of yogurt, enjoy it with almond milk or eat straight up.
Technique tip: Stir granola every 7-10 minutes while it is in the oven to ensure even baking.
Swap options: This recipe is completely customizable to your tastes. Feel free to substitute your favorite nuts and seeds (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, etc). You can use peanut or cashew butter instead of almond butter. For a totally nut-free recipe, feel free to use tahini instead of the almond butter, and a mixture of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds instead of the nuts. And, you can also use maple syrup instead of the honey.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts, slightly crushed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss oats, crushed mixed nuts, shredded coconut, chia seeds and a dash of cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together honey, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
4. Pour almond butter and honey mixture over the oats and nuts and fold with a spatula to ensure the granola is evenly coated.
5. Add granola mixture to prepared baking sheet and shake to spread evenly.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until granola is golden.
7. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.