This chocolaty, minty, sweet and seasonal cookie pie is the perfect sweet treat to serve for the holidays. It's fun, unexpected and adds festive flair to any celebration.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1½ ounces chocolate, melted (semisweet or dark)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini white chocolate chips, plus more for decorating
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes, plus more for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until combined. Add egg, peppermint extract and chocolate and mix until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
3. Mix in 3/4 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup crushed candy canes, and mix until combined.
4. Grease an 8-inch cake pan and press cookie dough mixture evenly into the bottom.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Immediately upon removing cookie pie from oven, decorate your cookie pie by sprinkling remaining white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes around the outer edge of the entire cookie pie.
7. Cool completely before slicing into 8-10 pieces.