You'll never buy a bag of frozen chicken tenders again after trying these! They're so easy to make, better for you and so delicious. The green ranch dressing is also irresistible. Adding avocado gives it an attractive color and makes it even creamier.
Technique tip: The longer you let the chicken sit in the marinade the more juicy it will be. By cooking on a rack the heat can get to all sides of the chicken.
Swap option: Nutritional yeast can take the place of Parmesan for a diary free options.
"Granch" Dipping Sauce (makes 1½ cups)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 avocado, pitted and scooped
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1½ pounds (about 18) chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the "granch" dipping sauce:
Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Serve immediately or pour into a container, cover tightly, and refrigerate until needed, up to 1 week.
For the chicken tenders:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and place a rack in the center. Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice and zest in a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken tenderloins, stirring well to coat. Let chicken stand at room temperature for no more than 30 minutes. Place a wire rack on each of two rimmed baking sheets.
2. Combine herbs, panko, Parmesan, salt and pepper in a shallow pie pan. Drain excess marinade from the chicken fingers and dredge them in the panko mixture to coat completely, pressing to adhere. Arrange the coated chicken tenders on the racks, spacing evenly. Place chicken in preheated oven and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken tenders to a serving platter and serve with ranch on the side for dipping.