- 1¼ cups chicken broth, homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
This is a great make-ahead recipe because it tastes just as good the next day! And best of all, there is so little hands-on time with the recipe that when I have people over, I can actually socialize.
In a medium sauce pan bring stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in salt and couscous. Cover and reduce to a simmer, cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes.
Fluff couscous with a fork and fold in the olive oil and fresh herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.