Hemp is versatile, nutritious and nutty in flavor. I love the flavor of miso since it adds a deep earthiness or "umami" flavor to recipes.
Technique tip: To emulsify any dressing, always begin with the acidic ingredients and slowly add the oil to blend into a creamy emulsion.
Swap option: You can use olive oil or canola oil instead of coconut oil, if you prefer.
- 1 tablespoon hemp paste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely minced carrot
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons organic white miso
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, add all ingredients except oils and blend until smooth.
With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the oils until they are fully emulsified. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water to thin it out.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.