This dish is all about the freshest, ripest ingredients. Juicy tomatoes, cool watermelon and fresh herbs make this summery salad sing.
Technique tip: Make sure to serve this salad at room temperature. If it's too cold you won't get the full flavor of the fresh ingredients.
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1½ cups yellow seedless watermelon, diced
- 1½ cup red seedless watermelon peeled, diced
- 3/4 pound fresh bufala (or regular) mozzarella cheese, diced
- 18 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, watermelons and mozzarella. Scatter the herbs over the top, drizzle with the oil, season salt and pepper and serve.